Providing clients with counsel and representation related to labor relations, union avoidance, compliance with local, state, and federal labor laws, and related litigation.
Our Labor Practice Group provides clients with counsel and representation related to labor relations, union avoidance, compliance with local, state, and federal labor laws, and related litigation. Our clients include companies and entities in the energy and utilities, health care, hospitality, higher education, professional services, and manufacturing industries, as well as nonprofits.
Labor-related legal services provided by our attorneys include:
- Defending employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) in representation and unfair labor practice proceedings.
- Compliance counsel regarding the federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN).
- Counseling employers in preventive labor relations by assisting in the creation of sound and effective employee policies; by conducting supervisory training; and by helping to create positive communication programs to encourage employees to remain union-free.
- Guiding employers to successful outcomes in state or federal union-election campaigns.
- Assisting in labor contract administration and interpretation, including grievance handling and arbitration, as well as affirmative litigation.
- Participating in strategic planning to manage the labor relations issues involved with acquisitions, divestitures, and plant closures.