2015 Post & Schell Labor & Employment Seminar
Please join Post & Schell for the Firm's annual labor and employment law seminar on May 7, 2015, as we discuss the latest legal updates for health care providers. This comprehensive half-day program will focus on the following topics:
- National Labor Relations Act Update: An update of current developments on the law of the National Labor Relations Act with an emphasis on union organizing activity, ambush election regulations and the expansion of the doctrine of protected and concerted activity, particularly in the area of social media.
- Pregnancy Discrimination: An examination of the recent Supreme Court decision in Young v. United Parcel Services, Inc. and the duty to accommodate under the Pregnancy Discrimination Act.
- Exempt Employee Regulations: The new DOL regulations on white collar exemptions under the FLSA will be outlined and discussed.
- The Bold New World of Background Checking: The “ban the box” movement is building momentum with new law in place in Philadelphia and a bipartisan proposal sitting before the Pennsylvania Legislature. Not to be outdone the EEOC has issued new guidelines on the topic and has threatened aggressive enforcement.
- FMLA Bingo!: fun and interactive program involving both audience and panelists’ participation addressing pressing current issues arising under the FMLA.
Event Detail and Registration:
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2015
Registeration: 8:30 a.m.
Program: 9:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.
Lunch: 1:00 p.m.
Location: The Conference Center at Central Penn College, Summerdale, PA (Map it)
Please Register by May 4, 2015
Questions or To Register: Contact Sherrie Longenecker, (717) 612-6020 or firstname.lastname@example.org