Providing knowledge-driven enterprises with the consulting, compliance, and litigation services necessary to guard their trade secrets and defend against unfair competition.
The competitiveness of the global business environment is ever-increasing and the protection of intellectual capital is critical for growth and continued survival. Post & Schell's Trade Secret & Non-Compete Law Group provides knowledge-driven enterprises with the consulting, compliance, and litigation services necessary to guard their trade secrets and defend against unfair competition.
Our attorneys assist businesses in drafting and reviewing agreements designed to protect trade secrets and confidential and proprietary business information. They also identify vulnerabilities in employers’ confidentiality, non-solicitation, and non-competition agreements, and related employment practices. They then recommend corrective practices that may enhance the enforcement of these agreements and preserve the intellectual capital of knowledge-driven enterprises.
Our attorneys also litigate trade secret and unfair competition cases bringing affirmative litigation to prevent unfair competition or the theft of trade secrets.
Representative client industries include:
- Bio-medical and clinical research
- Genetic agriculture
- Healthcare delivery
- High technology manufacturing
- Intellectual property
- Pharmaceutical marketing
- Software development and information technology
Our Trade Secret & Non-Compete Law Group provides litigation, compliance, and consulting services to businesses facing trade secret and unfair competition issues:
- Drafting employment policies for the protection of trade secret and confidential business information.
- Drafting confidentiality, non-solicitation, and non-competition agreements.
- Advising businesses regarding the enforceability of confidentiality, non-solicitation, and non-competition agreements.
- Developing strategies to address the hiring and firing of individuals possessing trade secret and confidential business information whether or not subject to confidentiality, non-solicitation, and/or non-competition agreements.
- Seeking injunctive relief to prevent the theft or threatened theft of trade secrets, and the breach of confidentiality, non-solicitation and non-competition agreements, and monetary damages to compensate clients for the misappropriation of their trade secrets.
- Defending clients against unfair competition and theft of trade secret claims and suits in federal and state courts.