Resolution of the wide-range of complex disputes faced by businesses and between business – via litigation, negotiation, and alternative dispute resolution. Our Commercial Litigation attorneys counsel and defend business clients in matters ranging from contract disputes, business torts, and directors’ and officers’ liability, to civil RICO suits, class actions, and consumer fraud issues.
Post & Schell’s Commercial Litigation Practice Group provides businesses and their owners/operators with counsel and representation related to the full-gamut of litigation and contractual issues they face. This includes litigation and disputes arising from corporate transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, leasing agreements, and ownership structures, as well as complex individual and class action litigation relating to RICO, breach of fiduciary duty, ultra vires acts, the Lanham Act, consumer fraud, theft of trade secrets, and intellectual property, among others.
Comprised of a broad range of attorneys in our offices in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C., our Commercial Litigation team is experienced in matters related to:
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration
- Business torts, including breach of contract, tortuous interference, and misrepresentation
- Breach of covenants not-to-compete, non-solicitation, and/or confidentiality agreements; theft of trade secrets and/or confidential information.
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Civil actions under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO)
- Class actions in state and federal courts
- Directors’ and officers’ liability
- Financial services and banking litigation, including check fraud/payment issues, lender liability claims, federal and state securities litigation, and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitrations and disciplinary proceedings
- Fraud, consumer fraud/protection, and unfair and deceptive acts and practice (UDAP) statutes
- Government program litigation
- Intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark infringement, licensing, and use contracts and litigation
- Injunction matters
- Municipal and public official liability, including civil and constitutional rights
- Unfair competition
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)