- Harvard Law School (J.D., 1982)
- Wesleyan University (B.A., 1979)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Chair of Litigation Resources for the Alliance for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (AQIPS)
- Chair of the American Health Lawyers Association's (AHLA) Medical Staff, Credentialing and Peer Review Practice Group
- Past Vice Chair for AHLA’s Medical Staff Credentialing and Peer Review Practice Group
- Faculty/Featured Legal Expert, iProtean Internet-based Trustee Education for Non-Profit Hospitals and Health Systems
- Senior Fellow in the Jefferson School of Population Health (2010-2012)
Robin Locke Nagele
Co-Chair, Health Care Practice Group
Robin Locke Nagele is a Principal and Co-Chair of the Firm's Health Care Practice Group. She has a national health care litigation and consulting practice, in which she represents, in complex commercial, regulatory and antitrust matters, proprietary and not-for-profit health care providers, multi-hospital systems, integrated delivery systems, academic/teaching medical centers, and ancillary service providers, along with their medical, executive and corporate leadership.
Ms. Nagele’s antitrust and trade regulation practice focuses on complex medical staff injunctive and damages litigation, credentialing/privileging strategic planning and dispute resolution, exclusive contracts, economic credentialing, board and physician conflicts of interest, medical staff appointment/reappointment criteria and processes, medical staff closures, intra-hospital corrective action and fair hearing processes, medical staff/board governance, strategic planning and fiduciary oversight.
Ms. Nagele’s commercial health care litigation practice involves complex business and regulatory disputes such as reimbursement litigation, hospital pricing litigation, single-, multiple-plaintiff, and class-action provider and enrollment disputes and litigation, actions for equitable relief and damages arising out of hospital-physician joint ventures and other business arrangements, health care information technology litigation, and civil qui tam litigation.
Ms. Nagele’s health care consulting and compliance practice covers a wide range of federal and state regulatory issues, including anti-kickback, Stark and other fraud and abuse issues, not-for-profit governance, licensing requirements, federal and state payor regulations, EMTALA, HIPAA, HCQIA, and Patient Safety and Quality mandates.
Ms. Nagele speaks nationally on health care issues for American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA), Pennsylvania Bar Institute, The Governance Institute, and other health care provider organizations and entities, and has written extensively for national publications.
In 2016, Ms. Nagele was honored by The Legal Intelligencer as one of the "Top Women in the Law." She was one of 25 women selected from law firms, corporations, and government entities throughout Pennsylvania for “making strides to push the legal profession forward for women.” She was also named as one of Philly Biz magazine's "Best Attorneys in Business 2016."
Ms. Nagele is AV Preeminent peer review rated with Martindale-Hubbell, and she was recognized by Best Lawyers in America© in its 2019 edition in the category of Health Care Law. Ms. Nagele is ranked in Band 2 of the Healthcare, Pennsylvania category by Chambers and Partners in its annual survey, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2018.
For information about these selections and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.