- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Florida State University (B.S., 1999)
- District of Columbia
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Honorable Ralph D. Pratt, President Judge of the Lawrence County, Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas
Philip J. Sbrolla
Philip J. Sbrolla is a Principal in the firm's Casualty Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Employment & Employee Relations Practice Groups. He is resident in both Post & Schell's Pittsburgh and Wheeling, WV offices. Mr. Sbrolla has a broad complex civil litigation practice and defends clients in state and federal court in matters involving general liability, premises liability, civil RICO, civil rights, catastrophic loss, D&O, class actions, and employment. His litigation experience includes jury trials involving multi-million dollar litigation.
Mr. Sbrolla's clients include drilling companies, contractors, and suppliers serving the energy industry in western Pennsylvania and West Virginia, as well as companies in the communications industry.
He also provides compliance advice related to local, state, and federal employment laws to employers, ranging from large corporations to non-profit organizations. He represents employers before the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and in investigations by the U.S. Dept. of Labor's (DOL) Wage and Hour Division. Mr. Sbrolla also drafts employment policies and human resources manuals.
Mr. Sbrolla is a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and Florida State University. He was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Ralph D. Pratt, President Judge of the Lawrence County, Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas.