- American University, Washington College of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 2003) Line Editor, American University Journal of Gender, Social Policy and the Law
- Randolph College (1999) Graduate of the Randolph Macon Woman’s College study abroad program at the University of Reading, England.
- La Salle University (B.A. in History, Summa Cum Laude, 2000) Full scholarship recipient; University Honors Program
- New Jersey, 2003
- Pennsylvania, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Karyn Dobroskey Rienzi
Karyn D. Rienzi is a Principal in the Firm's Appellate Department and focuses her practice exclusively on post-trial and appellate litigation in state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies. Ms. Rienzi also works closely with trial attorneys on pre-trial and trial strategies to protect and enhance a client’s post-trial and appellate rights. Her post-trial and appellate practice includes a wide range of legal areas, including casualty, insurance coverage, construction injuries, premises liability, professional liability, products liability, and workers’ compensation.
Ms. Rienzi has represented clients before various appellate tribunals, including the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, Superior Court, and Commonwealth Court, the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division, and the New Jersey Supreme Court, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Prior to joining Post & Schell, Ms. Rienzi worked for several years with two Philadelphia firms, where her practice focused on litigating casualty claims, catastrophic loss claims, premises liability claims, products liability claims, and insurance coverage issues in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, during which she handled all aspects of her cases, including motion practice, discovery, and depositions, as well as representing clients at arbitrations and trial.
Ms. Rienzi was selected for inclusion in the 2008 - 2018 editions of Philadelphia Magazine’s "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer - Rising Stars," a listing of the top 2.5 percent of attorneys in the Commonwealth who are 40 or younger or have been practicing for less than 10 years. For information about this selection and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.