- Seton Hall University School of Law (J.D., 1997)
- La Salle University (B.A. in Political Science, 1994)
- New Jersey
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee)
- DRI, Member, Retail and Hospitality Committee
- Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys (AHIA), Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Honorable Frank A. Buczynski of the New Jersey Superior Court in Ocean County, New Jersey
Charles W. Spitz
Co-Chair, Hospitality & Retail Practice Group
Charles W. Spitz is a Principal in the Firm's Casualty Litigation Department and Co-Chair of the Firm's Hospitality & Retail Practice Group. He focuses his practice on representing members of the hospitality industry in a variety of legal disputes in both state and federal court. His clients include local and national food & hospitality companies, including hotel chains, management groups, and restaurants, as well as a variety of retail companies.
Mr. Spitz has defended hospitality, restaurant, and retail clients against general and premises liability, negligent security, food borne illness, bed bug and liquor liability claims. A significant portion of his practice is devoted to investigating serious accidents and violent conduct prior to suit and counseling clients on security issues, risk management and best practices. He has successfully represented his clients at trial in an array of complex litigation matters in both the federal and state courts of Pennsylvania. Mr. Spitz also lectures to industry professionals on various aspects and developments in Pennsylvania tort law.
Mr. Spitz was selected for inclusion in the 2006 and 2011 editions of Philadelphia Magazine's Pennsylvania Super Lawyers - Rising Stars. From 2013 - 2017, Mr. Spitz has been recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer (top 5%) by his peers as published by American Lawyer Media and Philadelphia Magazine. For information about these selections and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.