- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 2010) The Pro Bono Society (Secretary, President), The Public Interest Fellowship Program
- Gettysburg College (B.A. in Psychology, Cum Laude, 2007) Psi Chi (psychology honor society); Omicron Delta Kappa (leadership honor society)
- New Jersey, 2010
- Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2010
- Trustee, Haddonfield Friends of the Library
- Junior League of Philadelphia
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Katharine C. Koob
Katharine C. Koob is an Associate in the Firm's Professional Liability Defense Department and Medical Malpractice Defense Practice Group. She defends clients in professional liability and medical malpractice claims at trial and arbitration that involve often catastrophic injuries and large financial exposure. Her clients include hospitals and health systems, doctors, nurses, dentists, and other medical and dental professionals.
Ms. Koob is an experienced litigator and is certified as an arbitrator in the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia. Prior to joining Post & Schell, she served in the Health Care Liability Group of a Philadelphia-based law firm.
In 2019, Ms. Koob was selected by her peers as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star in the category of Medical Malpractice. For information about this selection and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.
Active in her community, Ms. Koob serves as a volunteer attorney for the Veterans Pro Bono Law Clinic, representing low-income and disabled veterans. She also serves as a Trustee of the Haddonfield Friends of the Library and a member of the Junior League of Philadelphia.