- Temple University School of Law (J.D., 1993) Jaczun Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- University of Richmond (B.A. in History, 1988) Blue Key National Honors Fraternity
- New Jersey, 1993
- Pennsylvania, 1993
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc., Industry, Keystone Chapter
- Associated Pennsylvania Constructors
- American Bar Association, TIPS Fidelity and Surety Law Section
- Board of Directors, Weaber, Inc.
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute; Vice Chair of Toxic Tort Publications Committee
- General Counsel, Pennsylvania Chemical Industry Council (PCIC)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
John W. Dornberger
Administrative Principal, Harrisburg Office
Co-Chair, Construction Government Contracts & Surety Practice Group
John W. Dornberger is Co-Chair of the Firm's Construction, Government Contracts & Surety Law Practice Group and Shale Resource Practice Group. He focuses his practice on commercial, construction, copyright and trademark infringement, mass tort and toxic tort litigation. Mr. Dornberger’s active construction litigation practice prosecutes and defends construction-based claims in federal and state courts, arbitration, administrative boards, and tribunals and in dispute resolutions proceedings. He also advises contractors during all phases of construction on pre-litigation issues and strategies, from bid disputes, construction and design disputes to bond claims and contract and claim negotiation.
In addition to contractors, Mr. Dornberger represents and counsels oilfield services companies, design professionals, construction managers/owners' representatives and material suppliers in Pennsylvania and surrounding states. He is also experienced in Pennsylvania licensure and regulations as they relate to casinos and other gaming entities, having served as outside counsel representing the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board relating to license appeals to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
His litigation practice focuses on contract litigation, business torts, environmental liabilities, mass torts, toxic torts, and copyright and trademark infringement. As National Coordinating Counsel for the second largest distributor of dental products in the U.S., he has successfully litigated numerous complex product liability matters.
Mr. Dornberger is a court-appointed Mediator and Discovery Master.
The Best Lawyers in America©, a highly respected peer-reviewed publication, has selected Mr. Dornberger for inclusion in its 2019 Edition in the categories of Commercial Litigation and Construction Litigation. In 2018, he was also selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the category of Construction Litigation. For information about this selection and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.