Post & Schell, P.C. has consistently attracted quality lateral attorneys. We continue to aggressively seek to expand our practices through mergers, lateral hires, and practice acquisitions and are expanding our commercial, corporate, regulatory, and litigation practices.
- Post & Schell is a professionally and proactively managed firm, which allows our attorneys to focus on their practice.
- We are committed to collaboration, innovation, and excellence in practice.
- We leverage technology and prudent management of expenditures to provide our clients with aggressive, quality representation at competitive rates and value.
- Our attorneys strive to be thought leaders in their disciplines.
This philosophy allows us to provide exceptional results for our clients and to consistently increase profits per shareholder.
Over our more than 50 years of operation, we have strived to retain the atmosphere and personality of a small firm with all the resources and capabilities of a much larger organization. Our culture remains a prominent feature of Post & Schell and is an enduring source of pride.
Professional Development and Mentoring
We offer each attorney the opportunity to grow as they become immediate contributors to their clients and colleagues, as well as the opportunity to obtain regular feedback regarding job performance and consultation regarding each attorney's career path. In return, we ask for the attorney's best efforts and collaboration.
- Regular meetings and training for beginning attorneys focusing on practical legal and business skills.
- CLE eligible educational seminars on targeted areas of law or practical development.
- Billable credit for training time, allowing our associates to observe partners in courtrooms.
- Individualized practice and marketing plans for associates.
- Professional development and mentoring program.
- Pro Bono opportunities through our alliance with the Philadelphia Bar Foundation, Volunteers for Indigent Persons, the United Way, and the Support Center for Child Advocates.
Through our mentoring program, Post & Schell endeavors to provide attorneys of all backgrounds with the right tools to succeed. Mentees are matched with principal mentors taking into account each participant’s background and their unique needs and preferences, side by side with more conventional attributes like practice area, geographic location, and seniority. This careful matching process is followed by a series of get-togethers between mentors and mentees, with the aim of ensuring that each attorney has the opportunity to seek advice and encouragement.
Diversity and Inclusion
Post & Schell values and strives to foster and grow diversity and inclusion among its attorneys and staff. We work to promote a firm culture that celebrates the value that diversity brings to the firm and our clients. Read our Diversity and Inclusion Statement.
Applicants Have Rights Under Federal Employment Laws
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Please note: Post & Schell does not have a program for 1Ls or 2Ls, with hiring done from a pool of 3Ls and judicial clerks.