Lindsay A. Berkstresser is a Principal in the firm's Energy & Utilities Practice Group, where she represents energy companies in regulatory matters arising under federal and state laws before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PAPUC) and appellate courts. Ms. Berkstresser counsels natural gas, electric and water utilities, and oil pipeline companies on ratemaking, energy project siting and development, tariff and contract provisions, administrative litigation, and transactional matters. She also advises clients on regulatory compliance issues and newly enacted and pending legislation.
In 2021, Ms. Berkstresser was named by Central Penn Business Journal to its "Women to Watch" list as part of its annual Women of Influence Awards. In 2022, she was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star in the category of Energy & Resources. For information about these selections and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.
Read full bio >
Read less >
- Achieved rate increases for natural gas distribution companies in their comprehensive base rate cases.
- Represented natural gas distribution companies in their Section 1307(f) purchased gas cost proceedings.
- Represented natural gas distribution company before the PAPUC in a petition to increase its distribution system improvement charge rate cap above the statutorily established rate cap.
- Developed compliance training programs for natural gas companies on the FERC standards of conduct, capacity release regulations and critical energy infrastructure information.
- Represented natural gas utilites in NGA Section 4 general rate case before the FERC.
- Obtained regulatory approval for electric utility’s corporate restructuring.
- Obtained regulatory approval for electric distribution company’s transmission line siting projects.
- Represented utility in default service plan proceeding.
- Counseled electric distribution company regarding implementation of its Act 129 energy efficiency and conservation program.
- Counseled electric distribution company in proceeding before the PAPUC for approval of its smart meter technology procurement and installation plan.
- Defended electric utility in large commercial and industrial customer rate complaint before the PAPUC.
- Defended midstream oil pipeline against challenge to its market-based rate authority before the FERC.
- Defended water utility against challenge to its surcharge billing practices before the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania.
- Moderator, "FERC Capacity and Transmission Update," and "Hot Topics in Renewable Energy," Pennsylvania Bar Institute's (PBI) Public Utility Law Conference Electric Update 2021 (October 12, 2021)
- "Energy Project Siting and Development," Issues in Pennsylvania Energy and Electric Utility Regulation, HalfMoon Education CLE Webinar (March 19, 2021)
- "Practice Building Blocks: Energy Infrastructure Siting," American Bar Association's (ABA) Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources Webinar (April 19, 2017)