Post & Schell, P.C. has been very successful in attracting quality lateral attorneys. We continue to aggressively seek to expand our practices through mergers, lateral hires, and practice acquisitions. We are expanding our commercial practices and litigation practices.
Post & Schell is a professionally and proactively managed firm, which allows our attorneys to focus on their practice. We are committed to teamwork, use of technology, innovation and excellence in practice. Our attorneys strive to be thought leaders in their disciplines. This philosophy has allowed us to provide exceptional results for our clients and to continuously increase profits per shareholder.
Throughout a period of extended growth and revitalization, our firm has strived to retain the atmosphere and personality of a small company, yet with all of the resources and capabilities of a much larger organization. Indeed, our firm’s culture has remained a prominent feature of Post & Schell and an enduring source of pride.
Post & Schell’s core values of integrity, quality, innovation, collaboration, accountability, and empowerment are not lightly chosen. These values define a firm that will grow and prosper as we continue to produce superior work in a richly satisfying environment.
Professional Development and Mentoring
We offer each young attorney the chance to be taught their craft, the opportunity to obtain regular feedback regarding job performance and consultation regarding that lawyer's career path. In return, we ask for the attorney's best effort.
- Regular meetings and training for beginning attorneys focusing on practical legal and business skills.
- CLE eligible educational seminars on targeted areas of law or practical development taught by both our attorneys and other nationally recognized attorneys.
- Billable credit for training time, allowing our associates to observe the work handled by principals in courtrooms and boardrooms.
- Pro bono opportunities through our alliance with the Philadelphia Bar Foundation, Volunteers for Indigent Persons, the United Way, and the Support Center for Child Advocates.
Through our mentoring program, Post & Schell endeavors to provide attorneys of all backgrounds with the right tools to succeed. Mentees are matched with principal mentors taking into account each participant’s background and their unique needs and preferences, side by side with more conventional attributes like practice area, geographic location, and seniority. This careful matching process is followed by a series of get-togethers between mentors and mentees, with the aim of ensuring that each attorney has the opportunity to seek advice and encouragement.
Post & Schell values and strives to foster and grow diversity among its attorneys and staff. We work to promote a firm culture that celebrates the value that diversity brings to the firm and our clients. Read our Diversity Statement.
Applicants Have Rights Under Federal Employment Laws
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Please note: Post & Schell does not have a program for 1Ls or 2Ls, with hiring done from a pool of 3Ls and judicial clerks.
- Associate Position - Casualty Litigation Department - 1-3 years' experience
- Associate Position - Workers' Compensation Department - 0-3 years' experience
- Associate Position - Business Corporate Attorney - 5 years' Experience