- Oklahoma City University School of Law (J.D., 1976)
- University of Missouri (B.A., 1974)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association (Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee, Vice Chair; Forum on the Construction Industry)
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
- Construction Group Advisory Board for Thomson Reuters Construction Contracts Law Report
- National Bond Claims Association
- Washington, D.C. Bar
- State Bar of Pennsylvania
- State Bar of Texas
Gary A. Wilson
Co-Chair, Construction, Government Contracts & Surety Law Practice Group
Gary A. Wilson is a Senior Principal in the Firm's Business Law and Litigation Department, is Co-Chair of the Firm's Construction, Government Contracts & Surety Law Practice Group. His clients include public and private contractors, international corporations and sureties involved in commercial and residential projects and transactions, as well major energy and utility companies and others involved in complex contract negotiations, including with the federal government.
He has played a vital role in many successful matters including the resolution of every type of construction dispute. For more than 30 years, Mr. Wilson has represented clients in national and international litigation, arbitrations and mediations. He is a Construction and Commercial Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association (Large, Complex Case Panels), trained and experienced in mediation, arbitration and alternatives dispute resolution (ADR), and has handled numerous construction and commercial matters handled under arbitration and mediation, serving as both a neutral and an advocate.
He is experienced in the full gamut of construction disputes, affirmative claims and litigation. Mr. Wilson’s Construction practice involves public and private commercial construction, buildings, energy, heavy/highway, industrial, and institutional projects ranging in value from $1 million to $1 billion, while his Commercial practice includes complex litigation of commercial disputes, including class action antitrust litigation.
His extensive arbitration experience allows for proactive management of preliminary hearings, allowing consensus to be achieved with all parties. Mr. Wilson counsels for streamlined discovery and expedited hearings to minimize expenses, and to allow for fair and just decisions.
For energy and utility companies, Mr. Wilson also prepares and negotiates numerous large energy contracts, including preparation and negotiation of energy construction contracts related to transmission line projects. He also represents and advises companies on the application of the Federal Acquisition Regulations, and advises companies overall on contract formation, surety bonds, and dispute resolution.
His more than 30 years of national and international litigation experience is buoyed by previous posts as Vice President at two major contract construction sureties and corporate counsel at one of the largest U.S. home builder/construction companies.
Mr. Wilson is actively involved in the Firm’s Class Action Defense, Energy & Utilities, and Shale Resource Practice Groups. He has played a vital role in several high-profile class action defense and class action/anti-trust commercial litigation cases, including successfully reducing a class size from 10,000 to 1,100 in a class action defense of a national residential homebuilder in state-wide litigation involving the construction of more than 10,000 homes.
He is AV Preeminent peer review rated with Martindale-Hubbell, and recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in 2004 and 2012 and a Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer in 2015 and 2017 in the category of Construction Litigation.