Principals Paula Sanders and John Joseph Present at HCCA's 18th Annual Compliance Institute
Health Care Chair and Principal Paula Sanders and Internal Investigations and White Collar Defense Principal John Joseph presented at HCCA's 18th Annual Compliance Institute on March 30-April 2, 2014 in San Diego, CA.
On March 30th, Ms. Sanders presented on "Compliance in the Post-Acute Environment," including:
- Mandatory compliance programs and the latest CMS/OIG developments
- Developing compliance metrics, auditing, and monitoring for post-acute facilities
- Practical ways legal counsel can support the compliance offcer and compliance committee
On March 31st, Ms. Sanders presented on "2014 Review of the OIG Work Plan for Post-Acute Providers," including:
- Examine OIG-identified high risk areas for post-acute providers
- Evaluate ways to use the OIG Work Plan as a road map for internal risk assessments
- Discuss lessons learned from earlier OIG Work Plans
Also on March 31st, Mr. Joseph presented on "Voluntary Disclosure: When and Where," including:
- Under the OIG’s newly issued voluntary disclosure protocol, what are the potential benefits and risks of making a voluntary disclosure?
- Discuss the factors to be considered for determining the need to disclose, to whom to disclose and what to disclose; is disclosure even voluntary anymore?
- Discuss methods for investigating and identifying those issues which fall through the cracks
Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) provides training, certification and other resources in support of ethics and regulatory compliance in the healthcare industry.