Post & Schell Elects Four New Principals in the Firm's Casualty, Environmental, and Health Care Practices
Philadelphia, PA – July 19, 2021 – Post & Schell, P.C. is pleased to announce that four of the firm’s Associates have been elected as Principals:
- Colin E. Burgess, Principal, Casualty Litigation Department, Philadelphia, PA office
- Michael P. Canavan, Principal, Environmental Practice Group, Philadelphia, PA office.
- Elizabeth M. Hein, Principal, Health Care Practice Group, Philadelphia, PA office.
- J. Colin Schwartz, Principal, Casualty Litigation Department, Philadelphia, PA office.
“Our entire firm offers congratulations to each new Principal,” said A. James Johnston, President and Chief Executive Officer of Post & Schell. “We are appreciative of their efforts and roles in serving our clients and growing their practice groups and the firm. All three attorneys have demonstrated their deep client commitment and focus on the success of their colleagues.”
- Mr. Burgess represents clients in claims involving high-value construction defect claims and catastrophic third-party workplace injuries occurring on multi-employer construction sites. His clients include general contractors, subcontractors, construction material manufacturers, and property owners. His practice also includes cases involving toxic tort liability, including matters associated with lead paint exposure.
- Mr. Canavan provides counsel related to environmental issues associated with real estate and corporate transactions, including environmental due diligence, contractual allocation of environmental risks and liabilities, and regulatory compliance, among others. His clients include venture capital and private equity firms, real estate opportunity funds, and commercial real estate developers, as well as companies in highly regulated industries.
- Ms. Hein provides legal services to health care industry clients in litigation, regulatory, and compliance matters. Her practice includes the defense of complex commercial, regulatory and antitrust matters, medical staff litigation, and injunctive proceedings. She also provides counsel related to federal and state regulatory compliance, Medicare/Medicaid, Fraud-and-Abuse and False Claims Act analysis and consultation, not-for-profit governance, licensing and accreditation, federal and state payment regulation, EMTALA, HIPAA, HITECH, HCQIA, PSQIA, and ACA statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Mr. Schwartz concentrates his practice on the defense of complex litigation involving products liability and premises liability claims, demolition and construction site incidents, and commercial transportation accidents. He routinely represents product manufacturers and distributors, construction companies, real estate developers, property management companies, hospitals, retailers, and clients in the hospitality industry in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Mr. Schwartz also practices in the field of consumer rights, defending clients in unfair trade practices, consumer fraud, and related common law claims.
About Post & Schell, P.C.
For over 50 years, Post & Schell’s attorneys have combined the operational knowledge and insight into the industries they represent with creative legal solutions – and helped clients overcome their legal and business challenges.
Founded in 1968, we have grown from a Philadelphia insurance defense focused firm, to a firm with diverse, collaborative, and complementary practices and attorneys. With over 50 practice groups and eight offices, we provide litigation, regulatory compliance, business and transactional, and dispute resolution services to clients regionally, nationally, and internationally.
With offices in Washington, DC, Mt. Laurel, NJ, Wilmington, DE, and Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Lancaster, and Allentown, PA, our attorneys represent industries in a variety of venues and geographic markets.