Eric Gibson Discusses Trends in White Collar Defense and Government Investigations as Part of a Panel Discussion for the New Jersey Bar Association on May 18th
On May 18, 2023, Eric L. Gibson served as a member of the panel discussion, "Hot Tips in White Collar Defense and Government Investigations," as part of the New Jersey Bar Association's Annual Meeting in Atlantic City, NJ.
Fellow panelists included
- The Hon. Evelyn Padin, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Robert J. McManigal, Associate, Government Investigations and White Collar Defense Practice Group, Nixon Peabody, LLP
- Mary Toscano, Partner & Co-Chair, Criminal Defense and Regulatory Compliance Group, Greenbaum Rowe Smith & Davis, LLP
- The Hon. José R. Almonte, U.S. Magistrate Judge, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Jamel Semper, Deputy Chief, Criminal Division United States Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey
The panel, comprised of litigators with state and federal prosecution and investigative experience, focused on white collar defense and government investigations and discussed recent indictments and public comments related to government enforcement priorities and trends, including:
- Corporate criminal enforcement
- COVID relief fraud
- Healthcare fraud initiatives
- Anti-corruption efforts.