- George Washington University National Law Center (LL.M in Trial Advocacy, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, with Highest Honors, 2005)
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 2001)
- Michigan State University (B.A. in Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy, 1997)
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
William L. Thrall, III
William L. Thrall, III is a Principal in the firm's Casualty Litigation Practice Group and focuses his practice on the defense of complex commercial, construction, product, and general liability cases. His varied experience includes defending cases involving injury and/or property damage in a variety of environments. Mr. Thrall also has experience in handling premises liability and transportation cases.
Mr. Thrall has extensive experience in both federal and state courts. He handles major jury and arbitration cases from inception through trial, and routinely appears before private arbitrators and mediators throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Mr. Thrall has an active trial practice in Philadelphia and surrounding counties. His significant trial experience has resulted in numerous favorable results for his clients.
Clients have recognized Mr. Thrall’s successes both through trial results and in resolving cases short of trial. He has received three (3) Golden Gavel awards from a large insurance client. This award recognizes outstanding achievement in case handling. Recently, Mr. Thrall was also recognized with a Blue Ocean OARS Award for early “resolution through innovation.” Mr. Thrall has consistently been recognized for his focus on resolving cases fairly, quickly, and efficiently.
Mr. Thrall has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the category of Civil Litigation: Defense in 2015, 2016, and from 2018 - 2020. He was previously recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer – Rising Stars in 2013 and 2014. For information about these selections and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.