- Dickinson School of Law (J.D., 1987) Member, National Moot Court Team, Trial Moot Court Board, Appellate Moot Court Board
- Pennsylvania State University (B.S., 1984)
- New Jersey, 1987
- Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- Arbitrator, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Certified Arbitrator, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Hurricane Sandy Arbitrator, U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Judge Pro Tempore, Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County
- American Bar Association (Sections of Litigation; Tort and Insurance Practice)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (Section: Civil Litigation)
- New Jersey Bar Association (Section: Products Liability and Toxic Tort Committee)
- New Jersey Defense Association (Products Liability Committee)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) (Products Liability Committee, Specialized Litigation Groups)
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute (PDI)
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel (Past Chairman: Products Liability Committee)
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)
- PAL Licensed
- PITOT Licensed
- Past Member: AWPT Advisory Council
- Fellow: Academy of Advocacy
- Charter Member: Temple Inn of Court
- Alpine Coach, United States Ski Association
- Alpine Official, United States Ski Association
- Member, Board of Directors of MicroSociety, Inc.
- Past Member, Board of Directors of Pennsylvania Alpine Racing Association
- Honorable Richard B. Wickersham, Superior Court of Pennsylvania
Richard B. Wickersham, Jr.
Administrative Principal, Princeton Office
Principal & Chair, Products Liability Practice Group
(215) 320-4875 Fax
(609) 924-4144 Fax
Richard B. Wickersham, Jr. is a Principal in the Firm's Casualty Litigation Department and Chair of the Firm's Products Liability Practice Group. For more than 30 years, he has focused his national practice on high consequence products liability and casualty litigation, including handling all aspects of investigation, preparation and trial, on behalf of self-insured and insured product manufacturers and distributors.
Mr. Wickersham has defended automobile manufacturers across the country in design defect and warranty claims involving airbag deployments, the lack of supplemental restraints, axle fractures, battery explosions, conspicuity, crashworthiness issues, dual reservoir master brake cylinders, power steering systems, and reclining seats.
He has nationally defended manufacturers and dealers on a wide range of alleged design defects involving sit-down counterbalanced, stand-up end-controlled/counterbalanced forklifts, rough terrain forklifts, motorized pallet jacks, burden carriers, scissor lifts and aerial work platforms. He has also represented manufacturers, distributors and rental centers involving varying products such as: aerial lifts, boom lifts, hand tools, footwear, printing presses, corrugated box folding machines, blow molding machines, windows, tractor-trailers, model rocketry, bicycles, golf carts, dump bodies, electrical components, milk processing machines, concrete placing boom, scaffolding, uranium, and aviation component parts. He also represents colleges/universities, dramshop licensees and owner/operators within the sports/recreation industry.
Mr. Wickersham is national coordinating litigation counsel for both international and domestic powered industrial truck manufacturers. He regularly attends and participates in industry group meetings and committees.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Wickersham also assists a wide variety of clients nationwide with risk management and electronic discovery, has served as a private Mediator of product liability suits, and is a certified Arbitrator and Hurricane Sandy Arbitrator for the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. He also volunteers his services as an Arbitrator for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and as Judge Pro Tempore for the Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County.
Since 2007, Mr. Wickersham has been recognized by his peers as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer as published by American Lawyer Media and Philadelphia Magazine. In 2009 and 2010, he was also listed in the Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition. In 2012-2015, he was also listed in Super Lawyers Business Edition. The Best Lawyers in America™ recognized Mr. Wickersham in its 2018 edition in the Product Liability Litigation - Defendants category. For information about these selections and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.