- University of Toledo College of Law (J.D., with Honors, 1979) President, Student Bar Association; Dean's Award, Outstanding Graduating Law Student
- University of Illinois (B.S. in Engineering and Business, 1973)
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Drexel University's College of Engineering
- American Association of Highway Engineers (Philadelphia Division)
- American Arbitration Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Delaware Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Third Circuit Bar Association
Paul A. Logan
Paul A. Logan is a Principal in the Firm's Construction, Government Contracts & Surety Law Practice Group. He focuses his practice on the representation of contractors, and other businesses, that deal with local, state, and federal governments via General Services, OSHA, SEPTA, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the Federal Highway Administration (FHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and state departments of transportation, among many others.
Mr. Logan handles complex construction litigation, commercial litigation, real estate development and law, contracts and specifications, and transactional matters that frequently arise from his clients’ business pursuits. This includes complex engineering, construction, commercial and civil rights litigation, and appellate practices at all levels including matters before numerous state and federal courts, the Pennsylvania Board of Claims, the Maryland Board of Contract Appeals, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Tax Court, the Pennsylvania Board of Finance and Revenue, the United States Supreme Court, various arbitration forums, and many other tribunals. Mr. Logan is also certified mediator and American Arbitration Association Neutral Arbitrator.
In 2006, Mr. Logan was the lead trial attorney in Donald M. Durkin Contracting, Inc. v. City of Newark, Delaware, in the United States District Court for the District Of Delaware. The case was recognized as #46 on the list of the top 100 verdicts in the entire country for 2006.
Mr. Logan frequently speaks before other attorneys, trade associations, and highway and building contractors, including the Associated Pennsylvania Constructors (APC), the ASHE, and the Association of Architectural Engineers. He has lectured on construction law for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI) and he was the only non-government attorney to speak at the APC's conference concerning the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation's (PennDOT) contract administration. Mr. Logan was also selected by the FHA to serve on a national panel assigned to study and report on settlement of state highway claims involving federal participation and was selected to speak at the FAA's airport seminar on claim resolution. He is an adjunct Associate Professor at Drexel University and has also served as an engineering lecturer at Penn State.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Logan served as Assistant Attorney General for PennDOT. While there, he handled major highway, bridge, and environmental cases before state and federal courts and the Pennsylvania Board of Claims.
Since 2003, Mr. Logan has been recognized by his peers as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the Construction Litigation category. He is also AV Preeminent peer review rated with Martindale-Hubbell. For information about this selection and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.