- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 1997) Member, Woolsack Honor Society
- Gettysburg College (B.A. in Political Science, Cum Laude, 1994)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association (Workers’ Compensation Section)
- Harrisburg Claims Association
- Lancaster County Bar Association (Effective 1/1/07: Vice Chair, Workers’ Compensation Section; Effective 1/1/08: Chairperson, Workers' Compensation Section)
- Lancaster Chamber of Commerce (Member and Speaker)
Oliver C. Overlander, III
Oliver C. Overlander, III is a Principal in the Workers’ Compensation Department. He represents local and national self-insured employers, insurance companies and third-party administrators in all phases of litigation. Mr. Overlander's clients include commercial transportation and trucking companies, nursing/retirement homes and in-home visiting nurses, construction contractors, temporary employment agencies, motorhome and modular home manufacturers, food processing companies, and a variety of employers in the manufacturing and construction industries. His practice also involves guidance and advice in the area of claims and risk management of workers' compensation issues and injury prevention.
Mr. Overlander has extensive trial/hearing experience and significant experience arguing workers’ compensation cases before the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board. He has presided over numerous mediations before the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court and regularly handles mediations/settlement conferences before Workers' Compensation Judges across Pennsylvania.
Mr. Overlander was selected for inclusion in the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011 editions of Philadelphia Magazine's "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer - Rising Stars," a listing which includes the top 2.5 percent of attorneys in the Commonwealth who are 40 years of age or younger or have been practicing for less than 10 years. From 2012 - 2019, Mr. Overlander was recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer by his peers as published by American Lawyer Media and Philadelphia Magazine. The Best Lawyers in America™ recognized Mr. Overlander in its 2018, 2019, and 2020 editions in the Workers' Compensation Law - Employers category. He was also recognized in the 2020 edition as a Lawyer of the Year in the same category. For information about these selections and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.