- Temple University School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania (B.A., Cum Laude, 1986)
- Pennsylvania, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Claims Association
- Member, Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) - Keystone Chapter
- Treasurer, Lancaster Bar Association Foundation
Michael A. Boomsma
Michael A. Boomsma is a Principal in the Firm's Casualty Litigation Practice Group in both its Harrisburg and Lancaster, Pa. offices, and joined the Firm in 1999. Mr. Boomsma possesses a diverse legal background allowing him to practice in multiple areas including commercial trucking, construction accident and defect, fire loss, hospitality, premises and products liability.
Prior to joining Post & Schell, P.C., Mr. Boomsma served for three years as an Assistant District Attorney in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, prosecuting and trying to verdict all levels of felonies and misdemeanors. Following his tenure as a prosecutor, for six years Mr. Boomsma was a partner in private practice, which included serving as court appointed counsel.
Mr. Boomsma applies this wealth of client counsel and trial experience to approach cases and matters from a variety of perspectives.