- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Kutztown University (B.S. in Criminal Justice, 1978)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Schuylkill County Bar Association
- Lehigh County Bar Association
James M. Burkhardt
James M. Burkhardt is a Principal in the Firm's Workers’ Compensation Department. He limits his practice to the defense of a broad array of employers, their workers' compensation insurance carriers and third-party administrators. His clients include interstate motor carriers, retail and food industry distribution centers, visiting nursing companies, manufacturing facilities, and boroughs and municipalities. He has extensive trial and appellate experience, and currently handles litigation of claims in northeastern and north-central Pennsylvania out of the firm's Allentown Office. Mr. Burkhardt has tried hundreds of cases before Workers’ Compensation Judges and has also argued numerous cases before the Workers' Compensation Appeal Board and Commonwealth Court.
Mr. Burkhardt has represented Kovatch Corporation, Benchmark Distributors, Wakefern Food Corporation, Graphic Packaging and Caregivers America. Mr. Burkhardt counsels clients on claims management and risk management, in addition to frequently lecturing on these and other topics in workers' compensation. Mr. Burkhardt also provides advice and counsel to employers, insurers and third party administrators with respect to workers’ compensation matters that are currently not yet in litigation. He has lectured and conducted numerous workshops on topics and issues arising under the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act.