Paul Schmidt Co-Presents on Effective Use of Environmental Health and Safety Audits on CMI Webinar on Sept. 22
On September 22, 2022 at 12:00 pm ET, Paul M. Schmidt co-presented on the webinar, "Using Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Audits to Improve Business Performance." The webinar was sponsored by Compliance Management International (CMI) and Mr. Schmidt co-presented with Kristian Witt, Vice President, Environmental Services, CMI, and Todd Allshouse, CIH, CSP, Vice President, Health and Safety Services, CMI.
EHS audits are an invaluable tool for organizations to ensure regulatory compliance, identify and reduce risks, and drive continuous business improvement. Audits can take various forms and approaches to achieve different goals and outcomes.
This webinar examined the various audit types, their purpose and importance, and how auditing programs can be most effectively designed to meet an organization’s needs. Mr. Schmidt provided a legal perspective on when to engage counsel, what enforcement protections your audit may provide, and how to use the attorney-client privilege to keep information confidential.
- Overview of EHS audits and the benefits to your organization
- Types of audits and when to use them
- Steps for implementing an effective audit program
- When to involve legal counsel
- What enforcement protections your audit may provide
- How to maintain communications under the attorney-client privilege