Carolyn Kendall and Jim Malone Present on Civil and Criminal Enforcement Trends in Federal Employment Taxes on West LegalEd Center CLE Webinar on Dec. 8
On December 8, 2020, Carolyn H. Kendall and James R. Malone, Jr. presented, "Federal Employment Taxes: Civil & Criminal Trends," on a West LegalEd Center CLE webinar at 12:00 PM ET.
The presentation provided an overview of employers’ payroll tax obligations (including the duties to collect and pay over) and the increased focus on criminal enforcement by the Department of Justice (DOJ), as well as civil enforcement by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Common examples of non-compliance through recent civil and criminal cases;
- Potential sanctions for noncompliant companies, along with their officers and directors;
- Voluntary disclosure strategies and attendant risks;
- When non-compliance crosses the threshold and becomes a criminal matter;
- Recent changes to payroll tax obligations in response to COVID-19.
To purchase a replay, please click here.