Andrea Kirshenbaum and Elizabeth Hein Present Webinar on COVID-19 Vaccination Protocols and Legal Considerations for Employers on Sept. 24
On September 24, 2020, at 9:00 am ET, Andrea M. Kirshenbaum and Elizabeth M. Hein presented the webinar, "COVID-19: Vaccination Protocols and Regulatory & Legal Considerations for Employers." The webinar is the second installment in the WPS Webinar Series being presented by the Women of Post & Schell.
Researchers are furiously working to bring a COVID-19 vaccination to market as quickly as possible. While the release of a vaccine (or potentially multiple vaccines) hopefully will bring relief to millions, what will happen if employers mandate COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment?
In this one-hour webinar, Ms. Kirshenbaum and Ms. Hein:
- Provided step-by-step guidance as to how to put a COVID-19 vaccination protocol into place.
- Discussed how employers can look to the influenza vaccination landscape to get an understanding of the legal environment for a potential COVID-19 vaccination program.
- Provided an overview of the influenza vaccination case law and regulatory guidance and how it may be applied to employers' COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- Discussed religious exemption requests to vaccines that are and are not protected by Title VII and the PHRA.
- Discussed the anticipated framework for distributing a potential COVID-19 vaccine to vaccination sites and what employers and/or health care providers can do to prepare for distribution.
- Banking and Financial Services
- Commercial Transportation
- Health Care
- Higher Education
- Medical Device & Life Sciences
- Municipal & Government
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Heavy/Highway & Utility Construction
- Energy and Utilities