- Appellate: Advise, assist and handle all aspects of both pre-trial and post-trial appellate matters. Our Appellate attorneys recommend creative strategic approaches at every point of the litigation process, from the opening of a file through to its conclusion.
- Commercial litigation: Commercial litigation and contractual services, including counsel and representation related to complex individual and class action matters, directors’ and officers’ liability, business torts, and state fraud and consumer fraud statutes.
- Environmental: Environmental diligence and counsel involved in real estate transactions and property development, as well as counsel related to regulatory matters.
- Transactional counsel: Counsel and representation related to acquisitions, sales and divestitures, and commercial financing and leasing transactions.
- Government and internal investigations: Conduct internal investigations, structure defenses, and interact with governmental agencies – including the Department of Education – regulatory bodies – including the NCAA – and the enforcement community – including state, local, and federal authorities. Defense of college and universities and their administrators, boards, faculty, and staff, in criminal, civil and administrative matters, at the federal, state and local levels.
- Data privacy and breaches: Compliance counseling and representation in litigation associated with data privacy and breaches.
- Workers’ compensation: Counsel regarding workers’ compensation claims and risk management strategies.
As colleges, universities, and other educational institutions face increasing scrutiny of their key stakeholders – students, parents, alumni, faculty, and staff – they have seen a corresponding increase in oversight from the government and an increase in their liability and associated litigation. Today, campus administrators, general counsel, and boards of trustees contend with challenges that are not just legal and financial risks, but also present operational and reputational issues.
Post & Schell’s Higher Education Practice Group represents clients in higher education in a wide variety of compliance and litigation needs, including education legal liability, labor and employment, and general liability matters.
We serve clients that include:
Several of the multidisciplinary Group’s attorneys are members of the National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA), the premier organization in the field of higher education law.
Our attorneys represent clients in:
Additional areas of service:
Media & Articles
White Collar Posts
Related Practice Groups
© 2020 Post & Schell, P.C. All Rights Reserved.