Business Law & Litigation Areas of Concentration
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Banking Litigation
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Class Action Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction, Government Contracts & Surety Law
- Corporate Governance
- Electronic Discovery
- Employment & Employee Relations
- Employment Collective/Class Actions
- Energy & Utilities
- Energy Compliance
- Health Care
- Health Care - Post Acute & Long Term
- Higher Education
- Information Privacy & Security
- Information Technology
- Internal Investigations & White Collar Defense
- Land Use & Zoning Law
- Local Counsel
- Professional Licensure
- Regulated Cannabis
- Regulatory & Administrative Agency Law
- Shale Resource
- Tax Controversy
- Trade Secret & Non-Compete Law
- Wage and Hour
Post & Schell attorneys serves as local counsel to businesses, individuals, in-house counsel, and law firms in trial and appellate courts throughout Western, Central and Eastern Pennsylvania. Our attorneys have decades of experience before the state and federal courts in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Allentown, Lancaster, Reading, Scranton, Wilkes Barre, Williamsport, York, and the many counties in this region.
Post & Schell attorneys have served clerkships in the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the Western District of Pennsylvania, statewide appellate courts, and county courts of common pleas. Our attorneys include members of the Lawyers Advisory Committee for local federal courts, the Roster of Neutrals for the U.S. District Court of Western Pennsylvania, and officers of the local chapter of the Federal Bar Association.
Our experience means that we know the preferences of local judges and the subtleties of local practice. We are well-versed in local rules, and can help foreign attorneys and out-of-state litigants navigate local procedures through motions practice, discovery, trial, and appeal. We guide the attorneys with whom we work through the admissions process, and are then prepared to handle as much of the litigation as the case demands and the client desires.
Our attorneys have served as local counsel for a wide variety of clients, from some of the nation’s largest companies to individual business owners and professionals. We have participated in a broad array of matters, from copyright claims and commercial disputes, to employment claims and professional liability. When a potential claim or filed lawsuit brings you to Pennsylvania, Post & Schell’s attorneys can serve as valuable local partners in litigation.
- Acted as local counsel to a regional health system in a copyright dispute with a national software provider in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Acted as local counsel to an international heavy industry manufacturer in an employment discrimination case in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Acted as local counsel to a national travel center company in the successful prosecution of a copyright claim in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Acted as local counsel to a leading national power tool manufacturer in a contract dispute with an electronics supplier in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Acted as local counsel to a national distributor of medical products in the defense of a trademark action in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Acted as local counsel to a New York construction company in the prosecution of a contract claim arising from the construction of natural gas compressor facilities in the Court of Common Pleas of Dauphin County.
- Acted as local counsel to a chiropractor and his practice in the successful defense of a medical malpractice action based on diversity jurisdiction in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Acted as local counsel to an importer and distributor of sportswear in an action in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania involving contract, fraud, and employment claims arising from the sales of the business.