Chair & Contact
The stakes in Workers’ Compensation cases have never been higher as changes in the law and judiciary continue to place a burden upon employers and their insurers. The interplay between government programs such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and the Medicare Secondary Payer Act (MSP) complicate cases and potentially increase awards. Employers require Workers’ Compensation counsel that is experienced, aggressive, and efficient.
We pride ourselves on not just understanding our clients’ needs and businesses, but on being approachable and collaborative. Our attorneys seek to understand each clients’ unique legal needs, and how to defend their claims, and aggressively pursue the best outcome for them - all while ensuring they are viewed honorably by the judiciary, opposing counsel, and claimants.
Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
With nearly a half-century of experience, we provide self-insured employers, multi-line insurance carriers, and third-party administrators (TPAs) with the full spectrum of legal services, including consulting, training, and offer risk management strategies related to workers’ compensation claims. Our clients include large, national companies with facilities and operations in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and West Virginia, as well as small and medium-sized businesses with regional footprints.
We represent clients in every workers’ compensation venue in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the State of New Jersey, and the State of West Virginia. Along with that broad coverage, we offer local representation from five offices across Pennsylvania and Princeton, New Jersey, handling matters local to each region. Our attorneys are members of the communities in which they practice, and know the industries, the judges and the Claimants’ bar in each of those communities.
- We know panel physicians, top independent medical examination doctors, and permanency evaluation physicians, and the return-to-work, mediation and trial strategies that close cases.
- Our dedicated Appellate attorney is experienced with workers compensation judges (WCJ), appeal board commissioners, and the judges and justices of our appellate courts, many of whom have recognized the excellence of her briefs and arguments.
- We provide in-house educational sessions and accredited seminars nationally on trends and changes in workers’ compensation claims, and author articles for legal and industry publications.
- A close association with the Firm’s Employment & Employee Relations practice enables us to address and resolve the broader employment issues that often arise in workers’ compensation cases. It also allows us to offer multi-disciplinary training and consulting services to our employer clients.
- We are members of the business community, working actively to aid legislation that benefits business and are members of industry organizations and local and state chambers of commerce – understanding and representing the broader, shared interests and business challenges of our clients.
Industry and Business Focused
We have deep experience in a variety of industries, including health care, manufacturing, retail, product distribution, transportation, and hospitality. We understand the nuances of each industry and their unique challenges with workers’ compensation claims.
Representative clients include:
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and regional health systems
- Big box retailers and national retail chains
- Commercial transportation and product distribution companies
- National hotel and restaurant chains
- Component, textile, and product manufacturers
- Small and medium-sized, local, and closely held businesses
To view our coverage map of counties in Pennsylvania, click here.