Business Law & Litigation Areas of Concentration
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Banking Litigation
- Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
- Class Action Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction, Government Contracts & Surety Law
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Taskforce
- Corporate Governance
- Electronic Discovery
- Employment & Employee Relations
- Employment Collective/Class Actions
- Energy & Utilities
- Energy Compliance
- Health Care
- Higher Education
- Hospitality & Retail
- Information Privacy & Security
- Information Technology
- Internal Investigations & White Collar Defense
- Land Use & Zoning Law
- Local Counsel
- Professional Licensure
- Regulated Cannabis
- Regulatory & Administrative Agency Law
- Shale Resource
- Tax Controversy
- Trade Secret & Non-Compete Law
- Wage and Hour
Employment Collective/Class Actions
Post & Schell, P.C.'s Employment Collective/Class Actions Group provides consulting and litigation services to employers and management in wage and hour collective and class actions, as well as employment law class actions. Such actions often seek millions of dollars in damages and can be extremely costly to defend. Our professionals understand the business pay practices that may lead to DOL investigations and/or civil litigation such as unpaid break periods, preliminary and postliminary work activity, and training time. We assist our clients in auditing their payroll practices and policies to identify areas of exposure and when necessary, we recommend revisions to existing policies and/or the implementation of new policies. Our professionals also understand human resources practices that may result in “pattern and practice” claims, and assist clients in identifying and correcting practices and policies that put an employer at risk.
Our Collective/Class Action attorneys regularly provide advice, counsel and representation with respect to a wide array of issues, such as the following:
- Counsel and advice regarding compliance with federal and state wage and hour, and employment laws.
- Audits of employment and payroll practices and policies.
- Review, modification and creation of payroll and employment policies.
- Defend employers in federal and state courts against collective and class actions.
- Defend employers in DOL investigations.