Paul E. Johnson
Post & Schell, P.C.
Four Penn Center
1600 Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Villanova University Law Review Norman J. Shachoy Symposium - Pressing Issues in U.S. Tax Administration
September 27, 2013
Post & Schell, P.C. is pleased to announce its sponsorship of the Villanova University Law Review's Norman J. Shachoy Symposium on Friday, September 27, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This year's symposium brings together leading academics, practitioners and policymakers to consider pressing issues of tax administration, including:
- The role of fairness and deterrence as principles in criminal tax sentencing
- The expanded use of whistleblower powers to gather information on tax abuse
- The IRS's desire to expand oversight over tax return preparers.
Panelists and speakers include:
- Kathryn Keneally, Assistant Attorney General, Tax Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Former IRS commissioner Lawrence Gibbs,
- Legal scholars from Florida State University, UC Davis, the University of Houston, and the University of Washington, as well as Villanova University
For a full list of speakers, panels and discussions, click here.
Post & Schell White Collar Principal and Villanova School of Law Adjunct Professor Peter D. Hardy will moderate a panel titled,"Criminal Tax Sentencing: Fairness and Deterrence." The panel will examine the sentencing phase of criminal tax cases, focusing on principles of fairness and deterrence in regards to both the individual defendant and as to all taxpayers.
This program is approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for five (5) substantive CLE credits and six (6) CPE credits.
What: Villanova School of Law/Villanova Law Review Norman J. Shachoy Symposium
When: Friday, September 27, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
299 N Spring Mill Road
Villanova, PA 19085