On May 29, 2020, James R. Malone, Jr. will serve as a panelist for the CLE webinar, "Tax Issues in Bankruptcy Cases," for members of the Philadelphia Bar Association at 12:30 pm ET. His co-panelists are Holly Smith Miller, Member, Gellert Scali Busenkill & Brown, LLC, and Megan N. Harper, Deputy City Solicitor, City of Philadelphia Law Department. The webinar is being presented by the Bar Association's Tax Section in combination with its Bankruptcy Law Committee.
The CLE will provide an overview of some tax issues that may be implicated in the course of personal or business bankruptcies. The faculty will cover the:
- Impact of bankruptcy on officers, directors, and shareholders of the debtor.
- Rights of the IRS and other tax authorities as a creditor, including issues surrounding liens, lien priority, and levies.
- Tax authorities and the automatic stay.
- Litigation of tax claims in bankruptcy court and potential procedural advantages.
- Discharge of tax claims in Chapter 7 cases, and their treatment in Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 cases.
- Tax implications of debt restructuring for debtors and creditors.
- Tax attributes available to bankruptcy estates.
To register, click here.
© 2020 Post & Schell, P.C. All Rights Reserved.