Paul Schmidt Presents CLE Seminar on Environmental Due Diligence in Real Estate Transactions for the Montgomery County Bar Association on June 13
On June 13, 2019, Paul M. Schmidt presents the CLE seminar, "Six Practical Tips on Environmental Due Diligence in Real Estate Transactions," before members of the Montgomery County Bar Association in Norristown, PA.
Mr. Schmidt led attendees through environmental due diligence in real estate transactions, providing insight into how attendees can improve the process.
Points of discussion included how to:
- Secure appropriate rights for the client in the purchase and sale agreement (PSA).
- Pick the right environmental consultant and additional environmental counsel.
- Obtain an environmental assessment tailored to the client's needs.
- Understand the process, timing, and cost of likely environmental due diligence.
- Understand potential ongoing costs and property restrictions that may remain after environmental conditions are resolved.
- Determine whether a pre-closing consent agreement with a regulatory agency is appropriate.