Ken Lee Presents State and Federal Surety Law Review on NBI CLE Webinar on Jan. 17
Commercial Construction Principal Kenneth W. Lee presented on the National Business Institute's (NBI) January 17, 2018 CLE webinar, "Construction Surety Law: A Federal and 50 State Review."
With the recent boom in construction comes the many legal issues that are connected with this area of law. Construction bonds are one of the critical areas that are notorious for sparking dispute and causing confusion among designers, contractors, owners, and attorneys.
Mr. Lee discussed:
- Types of construction bonds
- Surety relationships
- Federal law: The Miller Act
- State Law: "Little Miller Acts"
- Indemnity issues
- Bond claims
- Avoiding and resolving bonds claims and related disputes
- Bonding and small businesses
- DBEs, minority- and women-owned contractors
- Other bonds and bond alternatives