Paul E. Johnson
Post & Schell, P.C.
Four Penn Center
1600 Kennedy Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Media & Articles
Paula McDermott Authors Chapter on Commercial Landlord-Tenant Litigation for LexisNexis PA Practice Guide
February 16, 2017
In the 2016 edition of the LexisNexis Practice Guide: Pennsylvania Real Estate Litigation, Principal Paula J. McDermott authored Chapter Four, titled, "Commercial Landlord-Tenant Litigation."
Ms. McDermott's chapter includes a general review of practice and procedure for litigation for commercial real estate leasing disputes, with particular reference to idiosyncratic issues arising under Pennsylvania law. Her analysis also includes:
- Applicable rules of law for Pennsylvania commercial leases
- Courts for commercial lease litigation
- Litigation concerning confessions of judgment and amicable ejectment provisions in leases
- Other defenses and issues in judgments entered by confession as well as in normal ejectment proceedings
- Abolished cause of action to prevent waste
- Ground lease litigation