- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., 1988)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A. in English, Magna Cum Laude, 1984)
- Pennsylvania, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Chair of the Employment and Labor Law Committee
- American Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)
Sidney R. Steinberg
Chair, Employment & Employee Relations
Sidney R. Steinberg is a Principal and Chair of the Firm's Labor and Employment & Employee Relations Practice Groups. Mr. Steinberg’s practice involves virtually all aspects of labor and employment law, including substantial litigation experience defending employers against employment discrimination and wage and hour disputes in federal and state courts. He also has experience in representing employers before federal, state and local administrative agencies, including the EEOC, the Department of Labor and the National Labor Relations Board, as well as in arbitration proceedings.
Mr. Steinberg is the monthly employment law columnist for The Legal Intelligencer in Philadelphia. He has been named one of Philadelphia's Super Lawyers in the specialty of Employment Litigation six times, most recently in 2018. His peers voted him for inclusion in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© in the category of Employment Law - Management and, in 2012, Martindale-Hubbell listed Mr. Steinberg as one of Philadelphia's Top-Rated Lawyers. For information about these selections and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.
He is currently the Chair of the Employment and Labor Committee of Defense Research Institute (DRI), the country’s largest defense organization.
In addition to his litigation experience, Mr. Steinberg regularly advises employers in matters including employee discipline, labor relations, restrictive covenants and in the creation or revision of employee handbooks. He represents employers in all fields, including manufacturing, higher education, retailing, trucking, municipal corporations, and health care. Mr. Steinberg lectures frequently on topics including union avoidance, wage and hour compliance and all aspects of federal and state employment issues.