- University of Toledo College of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 1992) Order of the Coif, Law Review: Member, University of Toledo Law Review
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio (B.S. in Business Administration, 1989) Minor: German
- New Jersey, 1992
- Pennsylvania, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Third Circuit Bar Association, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member, Appellate Courts Committee
- Volunteer, Friends of Independence National Historic Park
- Volunteer, Pegasus Therapeutic Riding Academy
Sheila A. Haren
Sheila A. Haren is a Principal in the Firm's Appellate Department, where she focuses her practice exclusively on post-trial and appellate litigation in a wide range of legal areas, including constitutional law, civil rights, professional liability, products liability, casualty, construction, libel, slander and defamation, property and premises liability and insurance coverage.
Ms. Haren has more than 2 decades of experience in successfully guiding individuals, health care providers, product manufacturers and distributors and other corporations through the post-trial and appellate process in the Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal and the Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware appellate courts. She has extensive experience orally arguing appeals before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, the Pennsylvania Superior Court and the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division.
Ms. Haren’s practice includes preparing post-trial and appellate motions, briefs, and records before federal and state courts. She specializes in pursuing interlocutory and emergency appeals, in both federal and state courts, from adverse orders which arise during the litigation process. Ms. Haren is specifically retained by clients to evaluate their right to file interlocutory and emergency appeals and to advise their trial attorneys as to the necessary steps which must be taken to perfect these appeals. A significant portion of Ms. Haren’s appellate practice is also proactive. She routinely advises clients and trial attorneys on pre-trial and trial strategies which will preserve issues and objections for a later appeal, thereby enhancing the client’s post-trial and appellate rights. Ms. Haren is frequently brought in as a part of the trial team in cases with the potential for large monetary awards to ensure that all issues which arise during trial are properly preserved for post-trial and appellate review. Ms. Haren is also retained by clients to research new legislation, U.S. Supreme Court and other appellate court decisions or other significant events impacting them or their industry and provide opinions as to the manner in which these enactments, decisions or events will affect their legal rights.
Ms. Haren is also an advocate for the rights of persons with disabilities. Among other things, she analyzes proposed legislation impacting the rights of individuals with disabilities and funding for programs servicing the disabled community, in order to provide commentary or support/opposition regarding same.