- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law (J.D., 1981) Notes and Comments Editor; William & Mary Law Review, member of the Order of the Coif
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., with High Distinction, 1978)
- Pennsylvania, 1981
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- Energy Association of Pennsylvania
- Honorable John A. MacPhail, Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court
Michael W. Hassell
Michael Hassell is a Principal in the Firm's Energy & Utilities Practice Group. He focuses his practice on representing public utilities before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission and Pennsylvania's Appellate courts. With more than 30 years of experience representing utilities in rate proceedings, Mr. Hassell has served as lead counsel for several of Pennsylvania's major public water, gas and electric utilities.
Mr. Hassell is also active in professional associations such as the Energy Bar Association and the Energy Association of Pennsylvania. He was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 and 2016 Editions in the field of Energy Regulatory Law.