- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.S. in Public Service, 1984)
- Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA) Commission on Women in the Profession
- Member, PBA Public Utility Law Section
- Member, PBA Shale Energy Law Committee
- Member, Energy Bar Association
- Lancaster Chamber Women in Business Mentoring Advisory Group
- Law360, Energy Editorial Advisory Board, 2016
- Member, Advisory Committee for the Center for Government Law & Public Policy Studies, Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law
- Senior Clerk, Honorable James Gardner Colins of the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
Lillian S. Harris
Lillian S. Harris is a Principal in the Firm's Energy & Utilities and Shale Resource Practice Groups. Her practice focuses on representing energy companies, utilities and other entities before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PA PUC), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), and appellate courts in a wide-range of regulatory proceedings. This includes mergers and acquisitions, complex rate, and state and federal compliance matters.
Ms. Harris' 25+ year career in energy and utility regulatory law includes industry, government, and private practice experience in industry-specific legal matters, including regulatory and transactional, and Marcellus Shale matters, and governmental and legislative affairs. Prior to joining Post & Schell, she served as the Director, Legislative Affairs for gas and electric distribution utility, UGI Utilities, Inc. She oversaw UGI's interaction and communication with Pennsylvania’s General Assembly and Governor on regulatory and legislative matters, against the backdrop of the Commonwealth’s historic Marcellus Shale development.
Ms. Harris also served as Counsel with the PA PUC, acting as the five-member Commission’s primary advisor and drafter of orders in complex litigation matters. She was recognized during her tenure with the PA PUC’s Distinguished Service Award. She began her career in private practice with a regulatory-focused law Firm, representing clients in the energy and utilities industries, including natural gas, electric, water/sewer, and telecommunications companies and utilities.
In 2016, Ms. Harris was appointed as a member of Law360's Energy Editorial Advisory Board, providing feedback and insight on Law360's energy coverage.