- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 1975)
- University of Wisconsin (B.A. in History, 1972)
- Pennsylvania, 1975
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Life Fellow, American Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Public Contract Law Section - Forum on the Construction Industry
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Civil Litigation Section - Construction Litigation Committee - Commercial Arbitration and Mediation Committee Vice Chairman
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Associated Pennsylvania Constructors
- Transportation Research Board - Contract Law Committee
- American Institute of Architects, Central Pennsylvania Chapter
- The Pennsylvania Coalition of Construction Associations (Pa COCA)
Kenneth L. Sable
Kenneth L. Sable is a Principal and Chair Emeritus of the Firm's Construction, Government Contracts & Surety Law Group. He concentrates his practice in commercial construction law and litigation, construction transactional law, and surety. Mr. Sable represents a wide range of public and private entities, including owners, contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, architects, engineers, construction trade associations, sureties, and suppliers involved in the construction of projects throughout the United States. His practice takes a pro-active approach, from the initial stages of pre-construction to the completion of construction projects.
During pre-construction, Mr. Sable drafts and negotiates construction contracts, as well as counsels on matters of claims avoidance, project delivery methods, risk management and scheduling issues. During construction, Mr. Sable provides hands-on experience to assist clients in contract administration issues. If disputes cannot be prevented or resolved, his practice is prepared for aggressive prosecution or vigorous defense of clients' legal rights. His practice represents clients in state and federal courts, state boards of contract appeals, as well as administrative agencies. Mr. Sable is also experienced in arbitration and alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation and mini-trials.
Before joining private practice, Mr. Sable was Chief Construction Claims Attorney with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for eleven years.
Mr. Sable lectures frequently on construction law, and has served as Vice-Chair of the Commercial Arbitration and Mediation Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He is also recognized as one of Harrisburg Magazine’s Local Legal Leaders of 2015.
The Best Lawyers in America©, a peer-reviewed publication, selected Mr. Sable for inclusion in its most recent 2020 Edition in the category of Construction Law Litigation and Commercial Litigation.