- Widener University School of Law (J.D., 1989) Law Journal: Staff Member, Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, 1987 - 1989
- Allentown College of St. Francis De Sales (B.A. in English Communications, Cum Laude, Dean's List, 1986)
- New Jersey, 1989
- Pennsylvania, 1989
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Insurance Section)
- Magistrate Judge Richard A. Powers, III., Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Kathleen K. Kerns
Kathleen K. Kerns is a Principal in the Firm's Insurance Law Department. She concentrates her practice in the area of insurance coverage litigation, particularly in the environmental field. She has represented insurance company clients involved in all manner of coverage disputes, including general liability, bad faith, employment practices liability, as well as asbestos, toxic tort and environmental property damage, and bodily injury cases. She has also represented insurer clients in direct negotiations with policyholders and environmental consultants. Ms. Kerns has also been involved in alternative dispute resolution and negotiations for settlement agreements covering insurance disputes.
Representative clients include Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Safety National Casualty Corporation, Penn National Insurance Company, and Scottsdale Insurance Company, as well as other primary insurers, excess/umbrella insurers, and reinsurers.
The Best Lawyers in America©, a national peer-review publication, selected Ms. Kerns for inclusion in its 2020 edition in the category of Insurance Law. For information about this selection and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.