- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 1984) Member, Moot Court Board
- LaSalle College (B.A. in English, Magna Cum Laude, 1981)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member, Evidence Code Task Force, 1992
Kathleen Chancler is a Principal in the Firm's Professional Liability Defense Department, focusing her practice on the defense of medical malpractice claims. Her extensive litigation experience includes cases involving catastrophic and high damage exposure lawsuits and claims, as well as complex and medically detailed fact patterns.
Ms. Chancler’s more than 30 years as an attorney working with health care clients affords her a deep understanding of the unique legal and business issues the industry faces. Her clients include proprietary and not-for-profit hospitals, multi-hospital systems, integrated delivery systems, and academic/teaching medical centers, as well as physicians, nurses, and health care professionals in most major medical sub-specialties.
In addition, Ms. Chancler has experience representing institutional health care providers in health law and antitrust and trade regulations matters, including litigation, consulting and compliance. These matters include: complex medical staff credentialing/privileging; strategic planning and disputes; exclusive contracts; economic credentialing; and board and physician conflicts of interest, among others.
Media & Articles