- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (J.D., 2001) Executive Editor, Political and Civil Rights Law Review; Vice President-Student Bar Association
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 1995)
- New Jersey, 2001
- Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2012
- Member of the Board, Philadelphia Chapter of Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF)
- Honorable Ronald D. Castille, Chief Justice of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
Joseph N. Bongiovanni, IV
Joseph N. Bongiovanni is a Principal in the Firm's Casualty Litigation and Professional Liability Departments. He represents clients in complex litigation including claims involving medical malpractice, professional liability, premises liability, and products liability, among others.
Between college and law school, Joe worked in Washington D.C. for the Corporation for National Service and the AmeriCorps program where he helped implement and support national service programs throughout the country through close coordination with the White House and members of Congress.
Joe is an active volunteer in his community and coordinates Post & Schell’s annual Week of Giving, which benefits communities and individuals throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C. He is also Member of the Board of the Philadelphia Chapter of Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF). IICF helps communities and enriches lives by combining the collective strengths of the industry to provide grants, volunteer service, and leadership.
Joe serves as an Editor of a fifteen-volume legal encyclopedia titled The Pennsylvania Transaction Guide. He was named a Super Lawyer from 2014 through 2019 and was named a Super Lawyer Rising Star (for top attorneys in Pennsylvania under the age of 40) from 2007 through 2013. For information about these selections and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.