- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 1980) Staff Member, Villanova Law Review, 1979-1980
- University of Pennsylvania (B.S. in Economics, 1977) Emphasis in Accounting and Entrepreneurial Management
- District of Columbia, 2014
- Massachusetts, 2012
- New Jersey, 1986
- New York, 2012
- Pennsylvania, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association, 1980 - Present, Member
- Philadelphia Bar Association, 1980 - Present, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, 1980 - Present, Member
John C. Sullivan
John C. Sullivan is a Principal in the Firm's Insurance Law Department. He has handled insurance coverage questions and coverage litigation for more than 30 years. Mr. Sullivan has addressed complex insurance coverage problems, including pollution claims, toxic exposure claims, bad faith claims, personal and advertising injury liability claims, and errors and omissions and professional liability claims.
He provides opinions and counseling on contract drafting, interpretation, and application, and trends in the law. Mr. Sullivan has also represented clients in cases filed throughout the United States, including cases with multi-million dollar exposures involving pollution, exposures to asbestos and other toxic substances, and commercial disparagement.
Mr. Sullivan serves as counsel to clients in a variety of industries with respect to the analysis and drafting of policy language to help ensure appropriate coverage protection. He also provides risk management analysis to clients helping them to avoid unnecessary liability exposures.
Mr. Sullivan is a frequent lecturer on insurance coverage matters, including topics such as the use of experts and investigators, insurance issues in toxic torts and environmental contamination, the trigger of coverage, and coverage for sexual harassment claims. He has spoken before the Environmental Insurance Law Institute, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the Philadelphia Bar Education Center, the New Jersey Bar Association, RIMS, the Vermont Captive Insurance Association, and others.
Since 2007, Mr. Sullivan has been named by his peers as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer as published by American Lawyer Media and Philadelphia Magazine. Mr. Sullivan has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2012 and 2013 editions of New Jersey Super-Lawyers, featuring outstanding lawyers in the state. In 2012 and 2013, he was also listed in Super Lawyers Business Edition. He was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015 in the field of Insurance Law. For information about these selections and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.