- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law (J.D., 2007) Executive Editor, Penn State International Law Review; Team Captain, Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot (international moot court competition); Vice President, Speakers Trust Fund of the Student Bar Association
- American University (B.A. in Political Science, Dean's List, 2003) Cathryn Seckler-Hudson Award
- District of Columbia, 2014
- New Jersey, 2007
- Pennsylvania, 2007
- Virginia, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Board of Directors, Pennsylvania Wine Association
- President & Chairman of the Board of Directors, State YMCA of Pennsylvania
- Founder, YMCA DC Youth and Government Program
Jason L. Reimer
Jason L. Reimer is a Principal in the Firm's Commercial Litigation Practice Group, and a member of the Firm’s Corporate, Professional Licensure, and Construction, Government Contracts & Surety Law Practice Groups, among others. His practice focuses on the variety of legal challenges faced by businesses, including litigation, corporate/transactional, and regulatory matters.
A successful business owner outside his legal practice, Mr. Reimer has first-hand experience with the challenges faced by commercial enterprises. He has represented clients in matters related to professional licensure, corporate transactions and contract reviews, regulatory and administrative agency law, civil commercial and constitutional litigation, and commercial and residential construction project contracts and transactions.
- Mr. Reimer’s commercial and constitutional litigation practice focuses on representing individuals and businesses contending with a variety of business related litigation issues, including complex negotiations, contractual issues, directors’ and officers’ liability, trade secrets and intellectual property, consumer protection and fraud statutes, and alleged breach of fiduciary duty, among others. He also has background and experience in handling Freedom of Information (FOIA) and Pennsylvania Right-to-Know requests, including filing requests and appeals on behalf of a variety of clients.
- His professional licensure and regulatory and administrative agency law clients include doctors, nurses, pharmacists and chiropractors. He counsels and represents these clients in Pennsylvania state licensure issues throughout their entire career, including initial and renewal applications, investigations, pre-hearing counsel and advice, revocations and suspension hearings, professional disciplinary and reciprocity hearings.
- Mr. Reimer’s corporate practice focuses on transactional counsel regarding real estate acquisitions and zoning, contract and lease review, partnership and shareholder agreements, and general corporate and business law issues.
- In complex commercial and residential construction projects, he provides contractor and sub-contractor clients with counsel related to contract drafting, reviewing and negotiation, claims avoidance, and risk management, as well as representation in related litigation.
Mr. Reimer is the co-owner of a successful winery and craft brewery, recognized by the Central Penn Business Journal as the Emerging Business of the Year in 2014. His industry experience has allowed him to serve clients that include a number of closely-held wineries, craft breweries, and distilleries in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. As an active member of the industry, he is intimately familiar with the legal and regulatory challenges these entities face, and provides owners/operators with counsel and representation relating to the liquor license application process, monitoring by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (PLCB) and Liquor Control investigations, hearings and licensure issues. He was the first attorney in Pennsylvania to successfully secure a license permitting a winery and brewery to cohabitate within the same physical facility.
In 2011, Mr. Reimer was chosen by the Central Penn Business Journal as one of the region's "Forty-Under-40," recognizing men and women under the age of 40 for their commitment to business growth, professional excellence, and community service.
Mr. Reimer was selected for inclusion in the 2013 - 2017 editions of Philadelphia Magazine's "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer - Rising Stars," a listing which includes the top 2.5 percent of attorneys in the Commonwealth who are 40 years of age or younger or have been practicing for less than 10 years. In 2014, Susquehanna Style Magazine named Mr. Reimer as one of the Select Lawyers for Central Pennsylvania. For information about these selections and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.
In his charitable endeavors, Mr. Reimer serves as the President and Chairman of the Board of Directors for the State YMCA of Pennsylvania, Inc. Under his leadership, the State YMCA has been working to increase the number of civic engagement programs offered for people across the state. He also serves as a Trustee for the Central Atlantic Civic Engagement Fund.