- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., Cum Laude, 2005)
- George Washington University (B.A., Summa Cum Laude, 2001)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Federal Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- James S. Bowman American Inn of Court
- Humane Society of Harrisburg Area Board of Directors
- The Honorable John E. Jones III, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Jason G. Benion
Jason G. Benion is a Principal in the Firm's Commercial Litigation Practice Group. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation, including constitutional and civil rights claims, business and contract disputes, appellate matters, professional licensure law, regulatory and administrative agency matters, and employment litigation. He also regularly advises clients on the impact of federal and state legislation and regulations.
Mr. Benion has considerable experience representing clients in the death care industry, in litigation, before licensing boards and regulatory agencies, and as a counselor in corporate and business matters. His clients have included funeral homes, cemeteries, crematories, merchandise companies, insurance agents, preneed marketers, memorialization professionals, and pet cemeteries and crematories.
Drawing on his experience as a federal law clerk and litigator, Mr. Benion serves as local counsel in commercial and employment cases in federal court in Harrisburg, Scranton, Wilkes Barre, and Williamsport.
Mr. Benion joined Post & Schell, P.C. after serving as law clerk to The Honorable John E. Jones III in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
Prior to his clerkship, Mr. Benion worked in the Washington, D.C. office of one of the country’s largest law firms, where his practice included insurance recovery litigation, securities regulation and white collar criminal defense, and international trade matters.
Mr. Benion graduated cum laude from the Georgetown University Law Center, where he was a member of the Appellate Litigation Clinic, the Journal of Law and Public Policy, and the Moot Court Team. During law school, Mr. Benion assisted in civil litigation defense with the District of Columbia Office of the Attorney General, and worked on constitutional litigation with Americans United for Separation of Church and State. Prior to law school, Mr. Benion worked with the Hospice Foundation of America.