- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2004) CALI Award for Excellence for Highest Grade in Ethics, Law Process and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Washington & Jefferson College (B.A. in English and Political Science, 2001) President's Academic Scholarship Recipient 1997-2001
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Member, Allegheny County Bar Association (ACBA), Workers' Compensation Section
- Treasurer, ACBA's Workers’ Compensation Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Hendrick I. Penn, IV
Hendrick Penn is a Principal in the Firm's Workers' Compensation Department. He joined Post & Schell P.C. in 2006. Since that time, he has dedicated his practice to defending employers, third party administrators, insurance carriers and self-insured employers in Workers’ Compensation matters. Mr. Penn regularly represents clients across a wide spectrum of industries, including trucking, construction, hospitality, retail and others. He has extensive experience arguing cases before Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Judges and the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board. He also argues cases before the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. He presently serves as treasurer of the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Section.
Mr. Penn understands that in today’s legal environment it is important not only to provide his clients with the highest quality legal representation, but also to do so in the most cost effective and time effective manner. To this end, he works closely with clients in order to litigate claims in the most efficient manner possible. He also presents seminars to clients regarding cost effective claim litigation and handling.
Before joining Post & Schell, Mr. Penn represented Claimants in Workers’ Compensation claims, which currently assists his defense practice by giving him insight into the strategies typically employed by Claimant’s counsel.