- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., Cum Laude, 2012) Legal Writing Fellow; Associate Editor, Journal of Constitutional Law; Penn Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Princeton Theological Seminary (M.Div., 2006)
- Duke University (B.A. in Philosophy, Magna Cum Laude, 2002)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Chair, Healthcare Subcommittee of the Philadelphia Bar Association Hemp and Medical Marijuana Committee
Elizabeth M. Hein
Elizabeth M. Hein is an Associate in the Firm’s Health Care Practice Group, providing legal services to the Firm’s health care clients in litigation, regulatory and compliance matters.
Ms. Hein’s litigation practice includes assisting in the defense of complex commercial, regulatory and antitrust matters, medical staff litigation, and injunctive proceedings. Her health care consulting services include federal and state regulatory compliance, Fraud-and-Abuse and False Claims Act analysis and consultation, not-for-profit governance, licensing and accreditation, federal and state payment regulation, EMTALA, HIPAA, HITECH, HCQIA, and ACA statutory and regulatory compliance. Ms. Hein also assists health care clients in internal investigations to identity and reduce or resolve exposures under state and federal law.
Ms. Hein has been active in pro bono projects, including including representing clients in legal guardianship proceedings through Philly VIP.
While attending the University of Pennsylvania Law School, Ms. Hein was a Legal Writing Fellow, and served as Associate Editor of the Journal of Constitutional Law. During her time at Penn Law, she was also a RegBlog Writer, a member of the Penn Chapter of the American Inns of Court, and served as a Board Member for the Penn Housing Rights Project.
In 2018, Ms. Hein was selected by her peers as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star in the category of Health Care. For information about this selection and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.