- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., Cum Laude, 2012) Legal Writing Fellow; Associate Editor, Journal of Constitutional Law; Penn Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Princeton Theological Seminary (M.Div., 2006)
- Duke University (B.A. in Philosophy, Magna Cum Laude, 2002)
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Chair, Healthcare Subcommittee, Philadelphia Bar Association Hemp and Medical Marijuana Committee
Elizabeth M. Hein
Elizabeth M. Hein is an Associate in the Firm’s Health Care Practice Group, providing legal services to the Firm’s health care clients in litigation, regulatory and compliance matters.
Ms. Hein’s litigation practice includes assisting in the defense of complex commercial, regulatory and antitrust matters, medical staff litigation, and injunctive proceedings. Her health care consulting services include federal and state regulatory compliance, Fraud-and-Abuse and False Claims Act analysis and consultation, not-for-profit governance, licensing and accreditation, federal and state payment regulation, EMTALA, HIPAA, HITECH, HCQIA, and ACA statutory and regulatory compliance.
Ms. Hein has been active in pro bono projects, including volunteering with the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers, where she assisted an indigent plaintiff and a nursing/rehabilitation facility obtain legal guardianship over incapacitated individuals.
While attending the University of Pennsylvania Law School, Ms. Hein was a Legal Writing Fellow, and served as Associate Editor of the Journal of Constitutional Law. During her time at Penn Law, she was also a RegBlog Writer, a member of the Penn Chapter of the American Inns of Court, and served as a Board Member for the Penn Housing Rights Project.