- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 2011) National Trial Competition - National Quarter Finalist, 2010; Dusquesne Law Review; Shalom Moot Court Award for Outstanding Trial Advocacy
- University of Pittsburgh College of Business Administration (B.S. in Business Administration, Summa Cum Laude, 2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Young Lawyer Liaison Vice-Chair to the Employment and Labor Law Committee & Labor and Employment Committee Philanthropy Vice-Chair
- Co-Founder and Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors, Tri-Rivers Heritage Foundation
- Order of the Barristers
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA)
David E. Renner
David E. Renner is an Associate In the Firm's Employment & Employee Relations and Wage and Hour Practice Groups. He represents and counsels employers in a wide variety of employment matters, including wage and hour audits and class/collective actions, anti-discrimination and equal employment opportunity policies, affirmative action planning, trade secret/restrictive covenants, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) audits and investigations, Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) relating to public accommodations, and labor relations.
Mr. Renner is an experienced litigator and has helped clients secure summary judgments, dismissals, and favorable settlements. This includes individual and class/collective action litigation related to trade secret/restrictive covenants, major federal and state employment statutes, including: the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and state wage and hour laws, the ADA, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and the Equal Pay Act, among others.
He also helps guide employers through Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) employment discrimination charges and litigation and provides counsel regarding state and federal law compliance, including matters related to hiring, workplace investigations, employee discipline and discharge, policies and procedures, and wage and hour matters.
Mr. Renner also focuses a large portion of his practice on wage and hour related compliance and litigation under the FLSA and applicable state laws governing wages and pay practices.
Mr. Renner's experience includes management of OFCCP and federal contractor employment matters, including affirmative action planning, audits, investigations, and general counseling and compliance. He has also represented employers in discrimination matters, including multi-party charges, before the EEOC and Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (PHRC). He has significant experience litigating and counseling clients on employee/employer restrictive covenant matters, including enforcement of non-competes, post-employment solicitation of employees or customers, and confidentiality agreements.
From 2016 to 2018, Mr. Renner has been selected by his peers as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star in the categories of Employment & Labor and Employment Litigation. For information about this selection and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.