- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1978)
- Bucknell University (B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1975)
- Pennsylvania, 1978
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- Energy Association of Pennsylvania
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America (1994 - 2016)
- Listed, Pennsylvania Superlawyers (2006 - 2007)
- Adjunct Professor, Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Drexel University
- Honorable H.E. Widener, Jr., United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, Richmond, Virginia
David B. MacGregor
Co-Chair, Energy & Utilities Practice Group
David B. MacGregor is a Principal and Co-Chair in the Firm's Energy & Utilities Practice Group. His practice focuses on regulation, litigation, and corporate transactions involving the energy industry.
Mr. MacGregor has litigated a wide-range of proceedings for electric, gas, water and oil pipeline companies before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), state public utility commissions, and related federal and state court proceedings. In addition to traditional rate and service issues, he has significant experience in:
- Electric and gas restructuring proceedings
- Regulatory issues associated with utility mergers, acquisitions and financing
- Market power and competitive issues as they affect regulated industries
- Renewable energy issues
- Transmission line siting proceedings
- Marcellus Shale related advice, counsel, and representation
Mr. MacGregor also has substantial experience in negotiating and drafting electricity and gas supply agreements for both utilities and large commercial and industrial customers.
The Best Lawyers in America© selected Mr. MacGregor for inclusion in its 2018 Edition in the specialty of Energy Law. For information about this selection and an overview of common third-party publications, rankings, and lists methodologies, click here.